Dear DGCA Members:
We hope that you all are doing well.
First of all, we welcome all the new green card holders to Denmark and also the new volunteering board members of DGCA.
Our new board have done four meetings in order to set new agendas to address different issues concerning all green card holders. Following are brief explanations of the DGCA’s previous activities and future plans:
Achievements and Current Activities: –
1. DGCA organized a very successful Green Card Conference in November 2010. You can read the details about that conference from following links:
2. DGCA is currently managing and updating the website of association. It updates our members about recent activities through www.dgca.dk
3. We organized a career workshop in collaboration with WorkinDenmark in May 2011.
4. DGCA is managing a FB group thus providing a platform where green card holders can interact. DGCA FB group
5. Trying to collect all the GCHs at one platform so that we can address our issues together.
6. Building a common Database to enable access to the Danish companies so that they can easily employ DGCA members and retain some of us through Internship program. Our expertise, skills, field of study and country obtained will be show-cased. You can see list of member who filled up our membership form: Members list
Some Future Plans and Activities:
1. DGCA is soon going to start an Internship program for GCHs in collaboration with DI and other supportive organizations in Denmark.
2. We will soon invite you all to an open meeting to listen to you for more innovative ideas and to share our experiences/activities together.
3. We already had meetings with DI to organize Green Card Conference 2011 with more focus on Jobs and green card policies. We will keep on informing your about progress.
As DGCA is a volunteer organization, board members are not solely responsible for everything that GCHs require. But we will always be looking forward to having your feedbacks, suggestions, support, and voluntary contribution to our activities. If you are interested or know someone who is willing to participate in organizing the activities of DGCA, kindly let us know. We will also issue a letter of acknowledgment to everyone who will work with us. That letter is capable of adding value to your profile.
Please have a look at our new DGCA Board Members at https://danishgreencard.wordpress.com/about/team-dgca
DCGA: Danish Green Card Association
GCHs: Green Card Holders
Email Cc: President DGCA